This light and refreshing Asian Cucumber Salad is a super fast dish makes a great side to any Asian inspired meal.
How to make this Asian cucumber salad
- just mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, cilantro and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Toss with cucumbers and that’s it.
Cucumber Salad Tips
- I love using English cucumbers because they are less watery and don’t have a ton of seeds.
- Don’t overdo the vinegar or soy sauce. To much of one thing will make it taste too acidic or salty
- Served this dish immediately
- Don’t have spiralizer? You can still make this salad, just thinly slice the cucumber.
Do you have to use rice vinegar?
- I highly suggest you do. Rice vinegar has a mild flavor and acidity that works perfect for this dish. Other vinegar will be too strong.
If you don’t have a spiralizer you can just slice the cucumber into thin slices.
Asian Cucumber Salad
A five minute cucumber salad bursting with sweet, tangy, and spicy flavor.
- 2 medium English cucumbers spiralized (or sliced)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 rice vinager
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or depending on how spicy you like it
- Whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder red pepper flakes and, cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Add prepared cucumbers; toss to coat and serve immediately
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum