This easy, creamy shrimp and chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food loaded with vegetables and a kick of spice. Serve this dish with biscuits this will be a family favorite.
I came up with this recipe at the age of 13! I know, that is very young but I have loved cooking since before I could remember. This recipe came to me when we were having a lot of people over and knew I needed something fast yet delicious. This shrimp and chicken pot has been one of my go-to recipes ever since and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
Can you substitute heavy cream?
- heavy cream gives it that thick and delicious flavor but with that being said it is packed with calories. You can use half heavy cream and half and half, it will still give you that rich flavor without all the calories.
I am using carrots, onion, and celery but vegetables that would be great in here are;
Shrimp and Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 5 celery stalks, diced
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, more if you it hotter
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can biscuits
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pot and cook until golden, about 10 minutes; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium; melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add carrots, celery, and onion. Cook, until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in thyme, cajun seasoning bouillon cubes, and heavy cream, reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir chicken and shrimp; simmer until shrimp are pink about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with biscuits, garnished with more Cajun seasoning, if desired.
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum