Thick slices of Golden Brioche Bread, Stuffed with Cream Cheese, Orange Zest, and Strawberries!
Toppings For Stuffed French Toast:
- Strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries
- Banana Slices
- Powdered Sugar
- Chopped Nuts
Keeping French Toast Warm:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet add the finished french toast and keep in the oven for up to 20 minutes before serving.
Strawberry Orange Stuffed French Toast
Thick slices of Golden Brioche Bread, Stuffed with Cream Cheese, Orange Zest and Strawberries!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 Slices Brioche Bread
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- For The Filling:
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 3 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoon Orange Zest, Divided
- Powdered Sugar, For Topping
- Strawberries, Sliced, for Topping
- Stir together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon orange zest until you have a spreadable consistency.
- Spread a layer (about 3 Tablespoons) of cream cheese filling on one side of half of the brioche bread. Leaving roughly a ½’’ board around the edges.
- Top with the second piece of brioche bread, forming a sandwich with cream cheese filling in the middle.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla together. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture to coat completely, Let excess egg mixture drip off the bread.
- In a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat melt butter.
- Place on skillet or griddle and cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip over and cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on each side. Keep the heat low to avoid burning.
- Top with maple syrup, strawberries, powdered sugar, and the remaining 1 orange zest.