Ginger snap crust with a vanilla and pumpkin swirl cheesecake topped with a cinnamon crunch streusel. This is such a great dessert to make for Thanksgiving!
Pumpkin is in full swing and I’m giving you everything pumpkin!!
Tips for getting the best Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars:
- Make sure your cream cheese is really soft, because if not when you mix it, it will be very lumpy
- Don’t over-mix the batter, that will create air in the matter and it will rise too fast in the oven and that is why cheesecake get those creaks
- When making the streusel try to make sure the butter is very cold, the softer the butter is will make the streusel too wet.
- Let the cheesecake bars cool completely and cut with a hot sharp knife to get clean cuts
Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/4 cup ginger snaps, crushed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8inch baking pan with parchment paper (leave an overhang to be able to pull out these bars easily) and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ginger snap crumbs, butter, and sugar press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Beat with hand mixers until smooth and creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat until each is combined.
- Remove half of this mixture and pour it on top of the prepared crust.
- Add the canned pumpkin, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to the remaining cheesecake mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Pour pumpkin layer on top of the plain cheesecake layer.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oats, brown sugar, white flour, and cinnamon. Cut the butter into small cubes. Add in the butter and vanilla and mix together until well combined. Sprinkle this streusel topping evenly over the pumpkin cheesecake layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the cheesecake has set.
- Allow to cool for about an hour at room temperature and then place in the fridge for 1-2 hours. When cutting into these bars: cut them straight out of the fridge with a HOT and very sharp knife.
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum