Classic moist coffee cake with a delicious cinnamon pumpkin spice streusel filling and topping. A perfect way to welcome fall in.
Well, its the first day of fall and I am getting so excited about baking everything pumpkin!! Kicking it off with this delicious pumpkin spice coffee cake, My favorite part of this coffee cake is the pumpkin spice streusel topping, such a nice burst of cinnamon and nutmeg! If you want to add chopped pecans or walnuts for a little extra curnch.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
- Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cake Batter:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease an 8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- For the crumb topping and inside layer, mix flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt, cut in butter until resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside
- In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the egg, sour cream, vanilla, and oil mix until incorporated.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt mix well and slowly add to butter mixture, mix just until combined.
- Spread half of the batter into prepared pan, sprinkle half of the pumpkin pie spice mixture over the bottom layer.
- Spread remaining batter over the top. Sprinkle with remaining pumpkin pie spice mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum