A buttery graham cracker crust with a tangy key lime cheesecake filling topped with fresh whipped cream. These key lime cheesecake bars are the perfect summer dessert.
Key limes vs regular limes?
- Key limes are smaller than regular limes.
- Key limes are sweeter and have more seeds, regular limes are larger more bitter.
- Key limes are pale green and regular limes are dark green.
- regular limes have thick skin, key limes have thinner skin while
- Cheesecake needs time to chill, I try to make mine the night before, and pop it in the refrigerate overnight.
Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
A buttery graham cracker crust with a creamy key lime cheesecake filling topped with homemade whipped cream.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 14 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8" square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar together. Add the melted butter and stir until the crumbs and butter are combined. Press the crust into the prepared baking dish evenly and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool while you make the filling.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sour cream , eggs, key lime juice, zest, and vanilla, and beat until combined. Pour the filling over the prepared crust and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filling is set but still a bit jiggly in the center. Cool completely on a wire rack then chill in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours overnight is best.
- Place the heavy cream and sugar in a bowl and whisk until almost stiff. Set aside. Grab the ends of the parchment paper and lift the cheesecake from the pan. Cut into bars with a very sharp knife, cleaning the knife with warm water in between slices to get a clean slice. Pipe or dollop the whipped cream on top of the bars, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum