These are the best salted Chocolate Chip Cookies and they come together in just one bowl, no mixer required.
You can never have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes, well, at least not to me lol. The thing that I love about these cookies is the salt on the top it really brings out the flavor and gives it a nice punch
- If you want the cookies thicker, you can refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes before baking.
- The sea salt really enhances the flavor of the cookie with the sweetness of the brown sugar. These cookies are the perfect balance.
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- sea salt, for sprinkling on top of cookies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
In a small saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar to a large bowl and pour melted butter over brown sugar.
Stir butter and sugar until incorporated. Let sit for a few minutes. Stir in egg and egg yolk and vanilla until combined.
Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir until just combined, stir in chocolate chips.
Using a medium cookie scoop, about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough, drop rounded balls of dough onto prepared cookie sheet, sprinkle each one with sea salt.
Bake 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum