Super yummy keto chocolate chip cookies, these are the perfect dessert if you are following a low carb diet!
I started developing some keto-friendly recipes because let’s face it’s a pretty popular diet. Now every time I bake something my husband says “this isn’t keto right?! lol he isn’t on board for the whole low carb lifestyle.
What are Keto Cookies?
- Instead of using white or wheat flour you use almond or coconut flour
- Using swerve or erythritol instead of regular sugar or brown sugar
- And lots of butter which is NO carbs!!
Picking Sugar Free Chocolate Chips:
- Lily’s sugar-free chocolate chips are my favorite to use.
- Hershey’s now has sugar free chocolate chips now as well
- Or any 90% dark chocolate, chopped up
- Coconut Flour will make them dry out more, so if you do use coconut flour I would add about 1/4 cup more butter.
- Coconut Oil will make the cookies keep their ball form instead of spreading out
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup swerve sugar
- 1/4 cup swerve brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup lily's dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together butter, granulated swerve and brown sugar swerve until well combined. Add vanilla and eggs beat for 1 minute.
- Add almond flour, baking soda and salt beat until well-combined stir in chocolate chips. Using a cookie scooper, scoop cookies onto the prepared baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum