These peanut butter cookies are Chewy, buttery and so rich with delicious peanut butter, crispy on the edges these cookies will knock your socks off!
Choosing the Peanut Butter
- The peanut butter is the main ingredient, so always use a good quality peanut butter. If you want the cookies to be crunchy, use the crunchy peanut butter. If you want them to be smooth, use creamy peanut butter.
How to get that perfect balance for a cookie
- Brown sugar will give you that wonderful chewiness and white sugar will give you the crispy edges so both play an important part in the peanut butter cookies.
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter, unsalted and softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sugar for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla.
- Add in the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough, drop rounded balls of dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Leaving space for spreading. Sprinkle the tops of the dough with extra granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned, and remove from oven and enjoy!
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum