Fresh sweet corn covered in Mayo and Crema, Cotija Cheese, and finished with Chili, Lime Juice, and Cilantro.
Things needed Mexican Steet Corn:
- Fresh corn
- Mexican crema
- Cotija cheese
- Lime juice
- Chili powder
Substitute for Mexican Crema:
- If you don’t have Mexican crema you can use sour cream. I’ve made it with just mayonnaise before too and it still tastes great.
Can I use a different Cheese?
- If you can’t find Cotija cheese you can use grated parmesan cheese or queso fresco
Directions for Boiling the corn:
- Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Peel the corn on the cob and remove the silks, add it to the boiling water.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
Grilled Mexican Street Corn
Fresh sweet corn covered in Mayo, Cotija Cheese, and finished with Chili, Lime Juice, and Cilantro.
- 6 Corn, Husked and Cleaned
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Mexican Crema
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 3/4 Cup Cotija Cheese, Crumbled
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- Salt + Pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. While that is heating, prepare the corn toppings.
- In a bowl mix together the mayonnaise, Mexican crema. set aside
- Lightly oil the grill grates, add the corn to the grill and cook for 20-25 minutes or until cooked as desired making sure to rotate corn every few minutes to make sure it's cooking even.
- Remove corn from grill, brush all ears of corn with melted butter, the mayo-crema mixture.
- Evenly squirt with lime juice and sprinkle with cheese, chili powder, and cilantro. Serve hot
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum