This spicy Italian sausage pasta recipe only takes 30 minutes to make, yet so flavorful and you can have this on the dinner table in no time!
I absolutely love Italian food but sometimes it can be intimidating because some call for so many ingredients or take 6+hours to cook. This spicy Italian pasta only has 10 ingredients and super easy for those busy weeknight dinners.
How to make this easy spicy Italian sausage pasta
- Cook and slice the sausage into 1/4 inch slices.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil cook the noodles until tender.
- Heat the olive oil and garlic until fragrant, Add the crushed tomatoes, red chili flakes, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Italian sausage, and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and add the chopped basil. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and serve!
Spicy Italian Sausage Pasta
- 1 package (19 oz.) Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 1 pound penne rigate
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (26.42-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 7 leaves fresh basil, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Block of Parmigiano-Reggiano, for garnish
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare sausage according to directions. Cool slightly; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Set aside
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and the pasta. Boil the noodles until tender, about 12 minutes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, red chile flakes, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Italian sausage, and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and add the chopped basil. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum