This spicy eggs benedict is the most flavorful delicious breakfast you will ever eat! Hot and fresh cooked biscuits with avocado, chorizo topped with an egg, spicy hollandaise sauce, cilantro, and jalapeños!
How To Cook Your Eggs:
- I prefer pan-fried eggs on this spicy eggs Benedict but the classic way to eat this is with a poached egg. Both are very good, I just love the buttery, crispiness of the pan-fried!
- If you want to make poached eggs simply bring 3-4 inches of water to a boil in a large pan, add 2 tablespoons white vinegar; reduce heat to medium heat. Crack eggs into the pan, one at a time into boiling water. Cook until egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny about 3-4 minutes. Remove eggs using a slotted spoon. Repeat with remaining eggs
Salt With Caution:
- Chorizo is very salty so be careful with adding salt to the avocado or eggs, you can always add more salt at the end if needed.
Tips for Getting the perfect Hollandaise Sauce:
- The first time making hollandaise sauce can be difficult, but here are a few tips that will help you get the perfect hollandaise sauce every time!
- If your sauce isn’t thick enough it’s normally when your butter is not hot enough when adding it to the egg yolks. If this happens you can heat it in the microwave for 5 seconds, whisk until desired thickness. Be careful not to microwave for too long because it will cook the eggs in the butter and scramble them
Spicy Eggs Benedict
- 1 (6 ounce) 5 count biscuits
- 10 ounces ground chorizo sausage, with the casing removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 eggs
- 2 avocados, smashed into small chuncks
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cilantro, for garnish
- Jalapeños, pickled or sliced fresh
- Hollandaise Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter,
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- dash of salt
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum