This Banh Mi is packed with flavor! Soy glazed pulled pork, sliced cucumbers, pickled carrots and jalapeños, a spicy sriracha mayo topped with cilantro in a toasted baguette.
Banh Mi Sandwiches:
- A Banh Mi is a Vietnamese sandwich with a delicious soy glazed pork, pickled vegetables, freshly sliced cucumbers, spicy sriracha mayonnaise, and last but not least cilantro, on a toasted baguette. The combination of all the flavors make this Banh Mi sandwich so amazingly flavorful.
What ingredients do I need for a Banh Mi Sandwich:
- Pork shoulder or pork butt
- Soy sauce
- Fresh ginger
- Fish sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Rice vinegar
- English cucumbers
Banh Mi Sandwich
- 1 pound pork
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup hosin sauce
- Pickled carrots and jalapeños
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup carrots,
- 4 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- Spicy sriracha mayo
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 baguette, Cut into 4-6 slices, sliced lenghtwise, toasted
- Turn instant pot on saute mode.
- Add the canola oil to the instant pot, then add the pork shoulder and brown about 3-4 minutes each side.
- In a small bowl mix chicken broth, soy sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, and fish sauce, pour the sauce over pork and cover with the lid.
- Cook in the pressure cooker for 90 minutes.
- Pickled carrots and jalapeños: In a medium bowl mix rice vinegar, water and sugar, add the carrots, and jalapeños in and let sit while you make the sriracha mayo.
- Mix the sriracha and mayonnaise together, keep refrigerated
- Once the pork is done let sit for 15 minutes then release the pressure.
- Remove from pot and shred the pork, stir in hoisin sauce and start to assemble the sandwiches.
- Spread the sriracha mayo on the toasted baguette, layer with pulled pork, pickled carrots, jalapeños freshly sliced cucumbers, and cilantro. Serve immediately
Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #saltedyum